ISCI Governing Board of Directors
The ISCI Governing Board of Directors (GAB) oversees and provides input on ISCI governance and operations, ensuring a clear vision and strategic direction, goals and policies are set. In addition, the GAB identifies collaborative leadership and effective partnerships, assists in fundraising and government and community relations, identifies novel therapies that have commercial potential for possible spin-off companies and reviews the performance of ISCI and its Director. Members of the GAB include:
- Eduardo C. Alfonso, M.D., Professor of Ophthalmology, Kathleen and Stanley J. Glaser Chair in Ophthalmology, Chairman, Department of Ophthalmology, Director, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine.
- W. Dalton Dietrich, III, Ph.D., Scientific Director, The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis, Kinetic Concepts Distinguished Chair in Neurosurgery, Senior Associate Dean for Discovery Science, Professor of Neurological Surgery, Neurology adn Cell Biology and Anatomy
- Pascal Goldschmidt, M.D., Senior Vice President for Medical Affairs and Dean, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Chief Executive Officer, University of Miami Health System.
- Joshua M. Hare, M.D., F.A.C.C., F.A.H.A., Louis Lemberg Professor of Medicine and Founding Director, Interdisciplinary Stem Cell Institute.
- Norma S. Kenyon, Ph.D., Martin Kleiman Professor of Surgery, Microbiology & Immunology adn Biomedical Engineering, Executive Director, Wallace H. Coulter Center for Translational Research, Senior Associate Dean for Translational Science
- Jeffrey D. Molkentin, Ph.D., Professor, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Molecular Cardiovascular Biology, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center.
- Ralph L. Sacco, M.D., M.S., F.A.H.A., F.A.A.N.*, Professor of Neurology, Epidemiology and Human Genetics, Olemberg Family Chair in Neurological Disorders, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Chief of Neurology Services, Jackson Memorial Hospital.
- H. Allan Shore, Esq., Partner, Wealth Transfer Co-Chair, Bilzin, Sumberg, Baena, Price, & Axelrod, LLP.
- Bernard Siegel, Esq., Founder and Executive Director, Genetics Policy Institute.